Guide for Reuse, Repair, Recycling, and Safe Disposal
for Alameda County, Contra Costa County, and the City of Palo Alto

What do I do with:



Surrendered Vessel Program - Sacramento - Dept of Boating & Waterways

Information is constantly changing! Call ahead to verify hours and availability.

Surrendered Vessel Program

Dept of Boating & Waterways PO Box 942896, Sacramento, California 94296

Never abandon or sink a vessel to dispose of it. If you have a recreational boat that you no longer want, the free, easy and safe Surrendered Vessel Program (SAVE) may be the solution. Contact a local public agency in the link for more information and to apply. It is also possible to take an unwanted vessel to a landfill site for disposal. Contact your local transfer station or landfill agency for further information regarding acceptance, costs, and hazardous waste restrictions. This helpful and proactive program is administered by California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW), and grants are awarded annually to qualified local public agencies statewide. Commercial vessels are not covered under this program.

Item Notes Method Destination
Cars & Boats SAVE non-commercial boat surrender program to apply to for free removal
  • Landfill
Submit Correction

Questions? Comments?   We're here to help!      Get in touch!

Additional Tools

  • Item Search
  • Vendor Search
  • Information for Vendors

Grab the mobile apps for answers on the go:

Download on the App Store
Get it on Google Play
Brought to you by A public agency reducing waste in Alameda County since 1976.