Guide for Reuse, Repair, Recycling, and Safe Disposal
for Alameda County, Contra Costa County, and the City of Palo Alto

Information is constantly changing! Call ahead to verify hours and availability.

Aerosol Can - Empty

Place empty aerosol cans (ex. paint, hairspray, cooking spray) with the lids separated from the can.

Not empty yet? Use it up, find someone else who can use it, or if toxic, like paint or chemicals, bring it to a hazardous waste facility.

Oakland accepts this item in your curbside recycling container.

Use up before putting in recycling. Aerosols with remaining chemicals, toxics, or paint can be used up or dropped at an HHW Facility.

Additional Online Resources for Aerosol Can - Empty

  • Spray paint, Air Freshener, Sanitizer, Hairspray, Foam Deodorizer, Compressed Air dusters, Disinfectant

Questions? Comments?   We're here to help!      Get in touch!

Additional Tools

  • Item Search
  • Vendor Search
  • Information for Vendors

Grab the mobile apps for answers on the go:

Download on the App Store
Get it on Google Play
Brought to you by A public agency reducing waste in Alameda County since 1976.