Helping a loved one minimize their belongings or prepare for a move?
Moved and wondering what to do with the piles of packing materials?
What about the old chemicals and what-nots others have left behind - where do those go?
We often find ourselves unsure of how to get the good stuff into the hands of others who would appreciate it and at a loss for the tricky items that have been in the garage, shed or attic piling up.
Below are common items that need to be moved-on during these transitions.
- Moving Boxes & Packing Materials
- Houseware - Working / Non-working
- Clothing - Poor / Good Condition / Undergarments Good / Poor Condition
- Shoes - Poor / Good Condition
- Linens/Blankets/Towels - Poor / Good Condition
- Toys & Games - Working / Non-working
- Medical Equipment & Surplus / Oxygen Cylinders
- Compressed Gas Cylinders - Single Use / Refillable
- Major Household Appliances - Non-working
- Mattresses & Box Springs
- Electronics - Non-working / Working
- Hazardous Materials & Wastes
- Household Cleaners
- Paint - Interior & Exterior - Non-empty / Empty / Full
- Medications / Needles & Syringes
- Personal Care & Beauty Packaging - Empty / Full
- Food for Donation
- Building Materials for reuse (cabinets, doors, flooring, sinks, lighting/plumbing fixtures)
College move out guides with resources to inspire:
When hiring a business to provide an estate clean-out, ensure that they provide sorting for reuse, including donation and recycling drop-offs at legitmate organizations.